Online Registration is live for 2023...
For those who have entered previously then quick and easy to register using your ARBR 6 digit number... those new to the regatta can register their boat ready for this and all future events.
In order to help us plan this years event, given the turmoil of the past few years, it would be great if you can register now so we have an idea of types/classes of boats and number of crew. As usual we don't need any payment to register online, and you can leave any boat detail changes and the crew names till much nearer the time, but just knowing who and how many will assist greatly in planning.
Sign up for the newsletter so that you will get advance notice of when new documents are issued for download.
Introducing a low cost way to advertise your goods and/or services to the regatta participants, crews and spectators...
horizontal, block, column & animated gifs can be displayed , just email us for details
Exact classes and requirements will only be decided once all boats have registered and is subject to change - refer to Revised ISSUE 2 NOR ...
Provisional classes are as per previous years....
- Class 1 - Racing IRC boats for the Raja Muda Cup
- Class 2 is for boats over 48ft, with full liveaboard fitout - for the Jugra Cup.
- Class 3 Sports & Cruising IRC
- Class 4 Fast Cruising NON-IRC
- Class 5 Cruising NON-IRC
- Class 6 for non IRC Classics (design over 30 years old)
- Class 7 is for Multihulls under OMR ratings.
Important Information for participants...
Jabatan Laut – the marine authority of Malaysia – have informed us that they must have copies of all the participating boats REGISTRATION and INSURANCE cover.
We believe this has come about because of some yachts being abandoned and/or sinking within Malaysian waters over the past 2 +years of lockdowns. Therefore this is a necessary yet troublesome consequence.
- We will keep you updated on recent updates to the insurance and registration documentation required.
- Insurance must include Malaysia P&I requirements.
- For Malaysian registered boats, the P&I cover has to be from a company on the Jabatan Laut list.
Some boats heading for Port Klang in readiness for the regatta have reported that customs have become rather more dutiful than in the past, especially when departing Langkawi. They now come on board and check lockers and storage areas before allowing you to depart…. So be warned!
Also be aware that in Langkawi Friday and Saturday are non-working days so you will NOT get clearance done on those days.